The Registration Process
We have a partial online registration process. There is an online registration form as well as printable forms that need to be returned with payment before the player may participate.
The first step in the registration process is to click on the Online Registration Form link under “Registration” in the navigation menu at the top of our website. The form has 3 sections you will need to complete:
- Player Registration Section
- South Salem Boys Lacrosse Club Player & Parent Conduct Contract Section
- Conduct/Waiver and Release of Liability Section
Items on the form that are marked with a red asterisk are mandatory. Once you have completed all sections, click on the “Submit Form” button at the bottom of the page.
Next, go to the Printable Forms page (also under “Registration” in the site navigation menu). Print out the OHSLA Concussion Awareness Acknowledgement Form and the US Lacrosse League Registration Form. Fill out these three forms completely and send them with your payment. A copy of the Salem-Keizer School District Physical Examination Form is there for your convenience if it is needed. All registration items must be completed and received before your player can step on the field for practice.
- Player dues for the season are $350. The dues include the cost ($35) of US Lacrosse membership. Players from the same family will pay dues of $250 each.
- Uniform Deposit Check: $200 – Checks are returned when both sets of uniforms are returned at the end of the season or shredded if you authorize us to do so. (Checks will be held in a safety deposit box for the season.)
- Players must provide us with a copy of their current physical, the school will not provide that information to us. This must be received before the player can participate in tryouts.
- Players must be academically eligible (attending regularly and passing at least 5 classes during the season AND during the semester immediately preceding the season). Please provide a copy of the 1st Semester Report Card with your registration materials for your player in order to confirm eligibility.
Each player is required to purchase their own equipment.
$250 is the approximate cost of a basic, entry-level equipment package:
- Helmet (red) with visor (carolina blue) – hold off on purchasing a helmet until we know if we have a team discount.
- Mouth guard
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads (red)
- Gloves (red)
Player dues only cover a portion of the team’s annual expenses. Players and their parents are expected to support the Lacrosse Club fundraising activities throughout the year. Parents are also expected to volunteer during the season: carpooling, score keeping, game day set up, etc.
Practices will begin Monday, Feb. 26. Practices will be held Monday – Friday at South’s Bennett Field from 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Games start in mid-March and run through mid-May. The season will consist of twice a week game schedule, with some travel to the Portland area. We have a tournament scheduled in Bend for April 27 & 28. Playoffs begin mid-May.
Mail the following to the South Salem Boys Lacrosse Club, PO Box 4371, Salem OR 97302:
- OHSLA Concussion Awareness Acknowledgement Form
- US Lacrosse League Registration Form
- Copy of current Physical
- Copy of 1st Semester Report Card
- Player Dues Check for $350.00, $250.00 per player if siblings are playing
- Uniform Deposit Check for $200.00
Checks should be made payable to South Salem Boys Lacrosse Club.